anybody who knows me – knows about fitlosophy. plain and simple it is my passion. fitlosophy was officially founded in january 2008 by me and my fabulous director of non-important business (i.e. investor) carlos. the mission of fitlosophy is to inspire people to live a healthy, active lifestyle by motivating and supporting them with innovative products, to redefine how people integrate fitness into their lifestyle, and to change the shape of america – literally.
fitlosophy is the company behind the fitbook™, a revolutionary line of fitness journals that are redefining how people reach their fitness goals. the idea for the fitbook originated because after working out for over 15 years, i never found that perfect journal to log my workouts and food so i used a blank notebook instead. i personally found that journaling was key to overcoming my personal struggle with eating and having a healthy body image. so – fast forward and my little fitbook is on the market and we’re so proud of how far we’ve come in just over 2 years:
- fitlosophy officially launches in january 2008 and debuts at the IDEA world fitness expo in july.
- kim lyons, trainer from nbc’s “the biggest loser” endorses the fitbook as an important tool for
reaching fitness goals.
- sport chalet picks up fitbook in november 2008 – just in time for the holidays.
- in december 2008 fitbook goes on backorder(!) for our first holiday season…only for a week though! (whew!)
- fitlosophy ventures into corporate wellness in january 2009 with chevron canada and releases article on the
- findings behind corporate wellness programs in corporate wellness – just a buzz word?
- fitbook gets FIRST press mention in the may 2009 issue of pregnancy magazine as a ‘must-have’ tool to get back that before-baby body! click here to view a pdf of the article!
- fitlosophy proudly launches the very first fitness + nutrition journal for the kiddos in august 2009: welcome fitbook junior!
- fitbook is featured in the september 2009 issue of fitness magazine (pg 100) as the ‘perfect workout tool’ for the journal lover! “let no move or munchie go unrecorded with the fitbook.”
- the biggest loser season 8 contestant shay sorrells “blesses” the fitbook – check out what she has to say on our fans of fitbook page.
- in december 2009, hungry girl gives fitbook her stamp of approval as a “hot holiday gift” in her 2009 holiday gift guide!
- january 2010 deserves a big “woo hoo”! fitbook lands 24 hour fitness clubs! (select clubs…but still!) this was a huge milestone for me personally – this was one of my goals for fitlosophy that i wrote down early on…now watch out oprah, here i come!
- in february 2010, “fitlosophy uses social media to GO RED and SPEAK UP against heart disease” with a 12-week BLOG YOUR HEART OUT campaign to create awareness and encourage people to speak up against heart disease in support of the American Heart Association and Go Red For Women.
- april 2010 marks the introduction of the new fitbook 3.0! my goal always has been to give fitbookers what they want and that’s exactly what this new + improved version of fitbook is.
learn more about what makes the fitbook so special at www.getfitbook.com. aside from being super-small, goal-oriented, and functional, this little 12-week fitbook has been a hit and we’re so blessed! i owe many thanks to my team, my friends and family, and of course God for giving me the opportunity to live a life doing what i love each and every day.
our mantra at fitlosophy: live life fit.